Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The (Egg) Hunt Is On! #KinderMom

Even though it's really late this year, Easter seems to have crept up on me. I think it's because the weather isn't very spring-like yet. Thankfully, we don't do an outdoor egg hunt because it snowed again yesterday and the ground is white. Spring weather in Canada is so unpredictable!
Are you there spring? It's me, Jonnie
Our Easter celebrations are kept inside, but they are still lots of fun! Our boys wake up to an empty Easter basket sitting beside their beds. There is a trail of chocolate eggs leading from each basket, down the stairs to the living room where they find some gifts and treats waiting for them. Then it's time to fill those empty baskets as they search the whole downstairs for hidden eggs. Because our boys are so far apart in age, some eggs are hidden very well and others are in plain sight. This allows everyone to find some eggs and have lots of fun. I remember as a kid, my mom was so good at hiding eggs that sometimes we would find a random egg lurking on a windowsill or in a drawer in May or June!

After the egg hunt is over, we head outside (weather permitting) for a few hours to burn off some chocolate energy by playing with kites, bubbles and any other outdoor toys the Easter Bunny left. Later in the day, we have a big Easter feast then settle in for a family movie with some Easter treat movie snacks. The next Easter tradition is one the kids don't know about...you'll keep my secret, right? After the kids go to bed, my husband and I raid their baskets and indulge in a few of our favorite treats. My husband loves anything with chocolate and peanut butter while I'm all about the Kinder Mini Eggs!
Kinder has been a huge part of our Easter celebration for a long time. Their products do such a good job of combining treats and toys! They have a great selection of special Easter items sure to thrill kids of any age. If you're planning an egg hunt, the Kinder Egg Hunt Kit has everything you need. Each kit includes 4 Kinder Surprise Eggs, 8 Kinder Schklo-Bons, 4 Kinder Eggs (hazelnut) and a hollow bunny. Check out the Kinder Canada facebook page to see their entire Easter 2014 collection.
This holiday, Kinder is proud to once again share the joy with the Children's Miracle Network to make this Easter a little brighter for sick kids. They are donating $25000 and some Easter baskets to support CMN hospitals across North America.

How do you share the Easter joy?

*Disclosure: I’m part of the Kinder® Mom program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group.  The opinions on this blog are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty good Easter, even though the weather was crappy this year, but as long as the kids had fun that's all that matters..Happy Belated Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kinder products ...and so do my kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say. *NOTE- Comments may not appear right away due to my moderation settings.