Friday, April 11, 2014

Bath Time Is Fun And Gentle With #AveenoBabies

Our baby bath time ritual involves an evening bath to wash away the day followed by a quick lotion massage to relax the baby and hydrate his skin. Bath time has always been one of my favorite times with my babies. It's such great bonding time and it's fun to watch as the baby learns how to splash and interact with the water. Of course, bath time is not just about fun. It's also about caring for your baby's skin. That's why it's important to find baby products that are gentle on skin and pleasant to use.
Our family has trusted the Aveeno brand for several years now. We have had many positive experiences with their products so I had high expectations when I was offered the chance to try out two of Aveeno's baby products. I am so happy that they didn't disappoint!

The first product we tried was the Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo. This 2-in-1 product is made with ACTIVE NATURALS® oat extract and is soap-free. It has a very light scent that smells fresh and not soapy at all. This product lathered up nicely and rinsed off cleanly. We've had an issue with dry scalp in the past but since using this product, the baby's scalp is perfectly smooth and soft, just like the rest of his skin!

I am very particular about the baby wash I use because some have irritated the baby's eyes even though they claim to be tear-free. Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo passed our tear-free test with flying colours! There was not even a hint of redness around the baby's eyes during or after bath time.

The second product we've been trying out is Aveeno Baby Daily Lotion. We use it right after bath time to seal in moisture and keep skin soft. Aveeno Baby Daily Lotion contains ACTIVE NATURALS® colloidal oatmeal and is fragrance-free, paraben-free and hypoallergenic. The big difference I've noticed since switching to Aveeno lotion is I am able to dress the baby right after applying the lotion. It absorbs very quickly into the skin and doesn't leave any greasy feeling.

The baby's skin is always left feeling soft and smooth. No dry or red patches even with the horrible weather fluctuations we've been having! I always rub the lotion between my hands a bit to get it warm before applying and as an added bonus, I've noticed a big difference in the softness of my hands since we started using the Daily Lotion!

Both of these Aveeno Baby products are pediatrician recommended and hypoallergenic making them gentle and safe to use everyday on your baby's delicate skin. If you plan to try these products out for yourself, you can find a $1.00 off coupon HERE (its printable so you can use it today!).

Aveeno Baby has become a permanent part of our bath time routine!




6 comments:

  1. I should really tell my daughter about Aveeno, sounds a lot better than what she is using now on her baby, thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used Aveeno since I was a kid. Who says it's only for kids? As an adult with sensitive skin, it's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Aveeno products, we use them for the entire family! (Judy Cowan)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aveeno is fantastic for people of all ages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Aveeno products. They are so good for dry skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aveeno products are wonderful for the skin, young and old, tender or weathered we benefit from using Aveeno

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say. *NOTE- Comments may not appear right away due to my moderation settings.