Thursday, November 1, 2012

Stick A Fork In It, October Is Done! #HealthyFamilies

Is it just me or is this year flying by at the speed of light? I cannot believe it's November already! October was such a busy month around my house. We had Thanksgiving, Parent-Teacher Conference, sleepovers, Halloween prep and I started new medical treatments which meant lots of appointments and adjusting to new medications.

For Thanksgiving this year, we went with the traditional turkey dinner. To save time, I cooked the turkey a day ahead. This cuts down so much on the amount of time needed to prepare the meal on the big day and frees up the oven for rolls, dressing and pie! My Lysol No-Touch Kitchen system helped make clean up quick and easy.

My boys both hosted and attended a couple of sleepovers each. Although I love seeing my kids having a great time with their friends, the noise and mess that comes along with sleepovers can be a little overwhelming. I find popping some popcorn and letting the kids choose a movie gives me some quiet time to clean up so they can start making a mess all over again once the movie is over!

We left the Halloween prep a little late this year and everything was pretty picked over at the stores. Luckily my kids had lots of dress up items at home so they pieced together costumes and we only needed to purchase a few items for them. Our jack-o-lanterns didn't get carved until October 30th but they turned out great and got quite a few comments from trick-or-treaters. I wish I had a picture to share but my memory card got corrupted or something so I can't get the pictures onto my computer. Hopefully they are not lost forever!

With cold and flu season upon us and my medical treatments making me extra susceptible to germs, we have been practicing being extra diligent with hand-washing lately. Hand sanitizer and the Lysol No-Touch Hand Soap system both get tons of use in our house. Do you have any tricks or tips for getting your kids to wash their hands consistently and properly? Lysol is currently working with Canadian elementary schools to present the Lysol Germ Detectives Program. It aims to teach children in JK through grade 2 valuable lessons about surface and hand washing. Either way, you can download a hand washing guide at the bottom of THIS PAGE to hang in your kitchen or bathroom to remind your kids how to wash their hands properly.

Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol® Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say. *NOTE- Comments may not appear right away due to my moderation settings.